Thursday, January 25, 2007

Affluenza: Rampant consumerism erodes us - Yahoo! News

Affluenza: Rampant consumerism erodes us - Yahoo! News

I actually thought this guy was making some slight bit of sense until I read this part:

"Compare and contrast Sam, the miserable millionaire and sex-addicted atheist who treats women as commodities for fleeting satisfaction, with Chet the Nigerian taxi driver who is contented, optimistic, sexually faithful and religious."

While I'm sure this guy is just pulling one of those exact opposite type of analogies.... Why do we always get the short end of the stick? :o I suppose all the atheists that are not rich and are very content in their lives are just not applicable?

Anyway, this article overall is nothing new.... I've heard this basic story since i was a kid. Moderation is the key to happiness in my opinion.

No comments: