Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Who is more Hostile?

The other day I read a this post by The New Atheist, and it got me thinking. ...

Why do atheists have to take the rap for being considered Hostile? When in fact in my personal experience, it is always the other way around. I personally do not actively seek out to covert others to the "Godless" cause, or the "Atheistic" cause. I simply think everyone is entitled to believe however they wish. On the other side of the fence are the believers, who not only feel it is their duty, but they are commanded by their beliefs to "witness" and convert others to their cause. This in of itself seems to be more aggressive. However, every time I've been in a discussion with a person of faith inevitably, I end up being considered the "nasty" one or, the aggressive one. Even though I understand why this happens, It still does not make it right.

No comments: